What is "Grad Track"?
Grad Track option is a BS/MS accelerated program for MTSE undergraduate students, the student can take a maximum of nine (9) credit hours of graduate courses while the student is completing the BS degree. These credits will be counted towards both the BS and MS degrees.
How does the "Grad Track" work?
Here is the step-by-step process:
- Student applies for the Grad Track option in the junior year (completed at least 75 credit hours with GPA of 3.5 or higher). Deadline of application Feb. 15, 2021.
- After the application is approved and the applicant has completed at least 90 credit hours, he/she can start takingthe graduate elective courses (MTSE5200, MTSE5300, MTSE5400, MTSE5070, MTSE5620, MTSE5560, MTSE5520, MTSE5610, and MTSE5710) as replacement of the two electives and one core course (must be the same subject) toward the Bachelor degree requirement. For the graduate courses to be counted for the MS degree later, the student should get B or above for the courses.
- The student applies to Toulouse Graduate School within the first semester of the senior year. Once the studentsatisfied all coursework for BS degree and maintained a 3.0 or higher GPA, he/she will be fully admitted to the MS program.
- The students must enroll in graduate school in the long semester after finishing his/her BS degree and should takethe remaining graduate courses in the following year(s) to complete his/her MTSE-MS degree. If the student didnot enroll in graduate school in the long semester after finishing his/her BS degree, those graduate course credithours cannot be counted anymore for the MS degree even if the student comes back for graduate school in thefuture.
To apply for the Grad Track option, the student needs to meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a major in UNT Materials Science and Engineering BS program.
- Student can apply for the Grad Track option from his/her junior year (completed at least 75 credit hours, abenchmark is if the student is ready for MTSE Senior Design in the following Fall semester).
- Minimum of 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA required at the time of application submission.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach a copy of unofficial UNT transcripts.
- Attach a CV with information of research and societal/community activities.
- Submit the signed application form, a personal statement, a copy of unofficial transcripts, CV to the MTSE office.