Ph.D Metallurgy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1978
M.Tech Physical Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, 1972
B.E. Metallurgical Eng, Regional Engineering College, Durgapur, India, 1970
- Professional Experience
2003-2014 Senior Technical Fellow, The Boeing Company
1997-2002 Technical Fellow, The Boeing Company
1978-1997 Research and leadership positions, McDonnell Douglas Corporation
2013 - Adjunct Professor of Materials Sci. & Eng, Univ of North Texas, Denton, TX
2009 -2011 Adjunct Professor of Materials Eng, Missouri University of Science & Tech.
1991-1998 Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Eng, Washington University in St. Louis
Professional Expertise and Activities
Materials, processes and related disciplines germane to aerospace products from their conception through design, manufacture, service and retirement. Collaboration with University of North Texas faculty on research in alloy and process development. Designed and taught a graduate level course, “Physical Metallurgy of Structural Alloys” at Washington University in St. Louis. About 50 scientific publications and invited presentations. Received four US patents in the areas of aerospace materials and processes.
Professional Honors and Affiliations
- James B. Eads Award (2005) and Fellow (2007), Academy of Science, St. Louis
- Member of the Research Advisory Council, Washington University in St. Louis, 2007-2014
- Invited Participant to "Sustaining America's Competitive Edge" Workshop sponsored by NSF, NIH and NIST, Washington, DC, 2006
- Member of AIAA, ASM International and The Metallurgical Society.
- Member, Research Board (2002-2007) and Council (2007-2013), The Welding Institute, UK
- Honorary Member, Indian Institute of Metals (2012). Honorary membership limited to one hundred living persons.
- About Us
- Give to MTSE